Wednesday, November 11, 2009

WWFMW CHAOS (CAN'T HAVE ANYONE OVER SYNDROME)ELIMINATION BEGINS

I am a victim of CHAOS in my own home!! (Can't have anyone over syndrome) It is frantic for me if I receive a phone call that we have guests coming in for the weekend. I am tossing things in places they don't need to be, pushing stuff in hidden corners, not because I am lazy and don't want to clean, but because the clutter is so overwhelming i often don't have enough time to get it done before guests arrive. So you would think that during the weeks, days, months that we have no visitors, I would organize, unpack boxes from our move (5months ago) but alas, I have good intentions but not good follow through. I'm lacking a solid plan that works. I am so completely overwhelmed with getting things organized and putting things in their place. I LOVE organization sections in stores, love the bins, labels, shelves, and I've been known to purchase quite a few of those. Buying them, and bringing them home, with good intentions, and it often starts off well, but again it's that long term commitment to keeping it put up and away that gets me every time.








Photobucket


Now let me clarify my house is not dirty, the dishes are done, the bathrooms cleaned, floors cleaned, furniture dusted weekly (but needs it daily). Beyond that, it starts to be a problem. Mail piles up on the office desk, folded clothes don't always make it out of the laundry room, and the kid’s bedroom-well I just close their doors and pretend they aren't there!! We have two levels of the house, and If I can keep the downstairs maintained, I feel like I am doing good!!

I've given lots of thoughts on what went wrong, and realize that what happened, I let things slide and over time that became my daily normal. I've had the motto that if my house isn't perfect, so what, I'm blessed to be able to spend my day with Mr. Amazing before he goes off to work. I ENJOY that time, but after he leaves in the afternoon, I'm left with NO time to accomplish much outside of helping with homework, dinner with the kids, cleanup of dinner, baths and if I'm lucky I can sit with them to spend "quality" time before bedtime. So I will do one of two extremes, I will clean until my bones hurt, for hours at a time or I will go to bed and forget it all! Of course I have 6(7 now) "helpers" who WERE at one time properly trained at one time to put things away, do the chores on their lists. Now I am lucky to get the get one child (out of 6) to do their chores without grumblings to the point I give in and do it myself.

Now on to fix it.



Like i said I'm OVERWHELMED with where to start and needed help. So what this is is what has worked for me in the past, and I'm super excited to have "remembered" my FlyLady. I can’t tell you enough how well this does work!! I'm even more excited to see in the years since I was once "Flying" with the best of them, there is now a online radio broadcast- COME on that's cool, even for those clean junkies, I'm sure they could learn a thing or two as well. Or Possibly the Clean Angels I envy can even help by contributing to the show, my blog, or post your own ideas to help the rest of us strugglers to come to the point with our homes and as I've learned, a direct connection with our personal life to improve!!

FLY LADY YOUR PERSONAL ONLINE COACH So check it out, and follow the links to the getting started, and take it from my past experience don't get impatient and jump ahead of the lists, do it as it's written. There are lessons there, you will find yourself loving your home, and even more importantly yourself!!

It is so easy to stick to this, (Ps there is even really efficient chore list, broken down by hot zones, etc)










Photobucket






FLY LADY YOUR PERSONAL ONLINE COACH

"My prayer for all my fellow SHEs is that each finds happiness and pride in ourselves and our accomplishments. That we raise our children to be good, productive, and happy people. And that we light up a room with our smile." - FlyLady



Looking for for more great ideas?  HEAD ON OVER TO That family the host of WWFMW . FOR MORE GREAT IDEASON WHAT WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAYS






Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment