Wednesday, November 18, 2009

WFMW- Looks like my hand is out of work

Photobucket




With the cold, sinus infections and flu season in full effect right now, it has hit our house yet again. This time  there are  four of us are sick all at once.  To make things even worse this time it's both me and my Mr. Amazing together. It's pretty miserable around my house right now, so for me to even take the time to write a blog, you know it must be a good one :)


 Two of the kids are sick along with us. Usually I can touch their temples and tell you pretty accurately what their temperatures are. The kids dislike this and often feel like they are sicker than my hand tells them. It doesn't matter  to them that every time we go to the doctor for an illness- my hand is reading the same thing the ear thermometers do within just a tenth of a point!!  They often  need more convincing that they are indeed not too sick to go to school, and with no fever(or other symptoms) will not be staying home.

We've owned many thermometers but they are often are misplaced after using them just frustrates the kids with how long they take. Since my hand method works, I've been happy to not fix what was not broken. I've never invested in a pricey at home ear thermometer. Two days ago before I was also one of the sick parents, I broke down and bought a new thermometer. (I think I knew my own hand would be too sick to check little temples)






Photobucket




This is not your average thermometer, I had no idea how much I would like this thing, and for under $14 it is an awesome purchase. First it takes their temps within 8 seconds. It has a comfort flex tip and a larger screen to see the temperature. The BEST part is the fever insight color changing display with backlight read outs!!! When it is done reading it will beep (loudly) and then it will show the temperature in one of three colors. (Green for ok, yellow for mild, and red for high) The kids are LOVING this thing!!


They don’t even argue with me when I tell them that their temperature is normal as they would the traditional thermometers. (being 6 or 7 a number of 98 seems high no matter how many times I tell them what a "normal" temp is) This thermometer beeps, shows the temp in green, yellow or red and I get NO arguments!!


Did I mention it comes with $10 worth of Vick’s coupons and disposable thermometer covers?

Looks like my hand has been outdone (unless I can attach multi-color led lights to blink after I do a temple check?)


You can check out other good ideas check out  http://www.wearethatfamily.com/

1 comment:

  1. I have the same one and I love it! It works great! My little guy likes to push the buttons and hear the beeps too. Whatever it takes!

    I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete